Monday, July 2, 2012

Alexander McQueen SS12 takes Dark Glam to a New Level

Black lace, leather, cages, chiffon... Alexander McQueen's spring and summer 2012 line is speaking right to me. Dark and gothic has always been McQueen's style, but this season the style is going mainstream. Let's browse how the spring and summer line reacts to the trends, shall we?

Check out the texture on this jacket and the seam of the pants.


This is my favourite from the collection. That leather peplum jacket, black lace skirt, skull clutch, and THOSE SHOES. I die.

The textures here are just to die for.


The waist cincher adds a level of badass to this black pantsuit.

I love the fairly conservative skirt with the waist cincher and lace top.

This is classic McQueen. The sharp angles of the pattern are evocative of a Rorschach test. 

This season's popular cage done RIGHT. Check out those glovelettes too. 

Oh hi, goth wedding dress of my dreams.

The frayed lace makes this gown edgy and dark.

All the sexy goth attitude you've come to expect from McQueen takes this season's trends to a whole new level. Check out the whole collection (there's also lots of white and pink!) and let me know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. Wow I am LOVING this collection. #2 was also my favourite from the bunch! The last three dresses are so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww! Let's save up to buy them and hope that some Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants magic happens so we can both fit in them somehow.

      Delete
  2. I don't even know why I love the top of the third look so much. I'm just staring at it, willing it to be in my closet in some iteration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Let me know if that works because if so I'll clear my schedule and get staring :)

      Delete