Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dark Outerwear for Dark Days: DKNY AW2012

Fall is just around the corner, and with it, at least in my part of the country, comes the cold weather. DKNY is a brand I've never been too interested in before... and clearly I've been missing out. I was awe-struck by their AW2012 line's black on black on black outfits. Heavy materials like leather and wool provide a great contrast in textures, and the fits are sophisticated and edgy. Let's check out DKNY's runway of dark fall outerwear.
"Shiny shearling" and leather accents make this cardigan and skirt a great dark pair for cold weather.
A leather jacket and leather peplum skirt are outwear and chic leather suit in one.

This shearling collar coat and wide belt almost evoke Dr. Zhivago reimagined by Tim Burton.


My favourite: a wool jacket with leather sleeves and trim.
And just because I think the actual runway look is even more impressive, here's that last one, my favourite wool jacket with the leather sleeves, again:


I love that tailored look, especially for outerwear. If you can't tell, you should really go check out the runway looks on the runway itself, over at DKNY.

What do you think of DKNY's dark outerwear for the dark days of Autumn and Winter 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment