Sunday, August 26, 2012

Dark and Edgy Texture: Kimberly Ovitz AW2012

Asymmetry, texture, and black on black on black sums up Kimberly Ovitz Autumn/Winter 2012 runway line. Let's bask in the dark glory of this line of my dreams, shall we? 

This outfit had me at the Murai leather jacket -- but the Jorah tank and
amazing texture on the Vara legging seal the deal.

The Rainer dress' leather and what looks like horse hair overskirt evokes a goth Viking.

The Hisu dress recalls the Vara legging's texture. I love the mesh sleeves with elbow detail.

The Xander zip jacket was my friend Soha's fav -- and for good reason! The top it's paired with here is also gorgeous -- I love gunmetal used to subtly break up a black outfit.

The Lonzo blazer, Dorman shirt, and Hiyo pant are combine to make a sexy suit that plays with the menswear trend. I love the cutout on the top.

I can't wait to see more of the Pai coat -- its tails are making me swoon. 

Another Murai jacket, this time with a Beltar dress. The dress looks so satiny and shiny, and the colour is beautiful. 

Get a load of the Tero coat in what looks like black fur! The shiny fur plays up the satiny Kamau pant and they make a great team with the asymmetrical Noland sweater. 

The Kosi dress' tails are sure to turn heads.

The Xino coat takes the menswear trend and pushes it to the oversized extreme.

The Phito dress is perfect for those who love to layer. And that black fur shoulder accessory can't be missed.
These are some of my favourites, but there are many more outfits on the site. What do you think of Kimberly Ovitz's tribute to the dark days of fall and winter?


2 comments: