Thursday, August 9, 2012

Skull-patterned lace: the best of both worlds

I didn't think my love for romantic and edgy black lace could get any deeper... then I found skull-patterned lace. I've been swooning ever since. The first time I saw skull-patterned lace was on Kat Von D's Instagram feed.
If you don't already know, Kat Von D has very quickly become my fashion and make-up guru. (This is due entirely to the Vallely girls and their awesome blog, by the way.) The piece she's holding there is by Thomas Wylde and retails for thousands of dollars. So I began a search to find an affordable version of skull lace. Here's what I found! This slip dress from Betsey Johnson is $200 and not entirely what I was going for. There's also a peplum top version, but the reviews say that the peplum is not flattering. At $88, it doesn't seem worth it to get a top you're not in love with.
But don't fret: I totally found some skull lace that looks great and is affordable! This is my skull lace cardigan from HotTopic! (It's currently on sale for less than $20! Go go go!) Here's the detail on mine:
And here's a product pic:
Though the look is definitely more crochet than the lace on the Thomas Wylde piece, I think the skull shape is even cooler. HotTopic also has a top with the same pattern in white:
If you like the white look but you want your skulls to be a bit more hyped, check out this awesome kimono-style jacket for $48.
So what do you think? Will you be combining these trends?

No comments:

Post a Comment