Sunday, June 3, 2012

Jeffrey Campbell Litas: black patent paradise


Jeffrey Campbell's Litas are the trendy shoe this year. I fell in love with the versatility and wide range of colours and styles, and I read great reviews online saying they were comfortable to walk in. For me, if I can't stay in a shoe all day and walk quite a bit, I'd rather not spend the money. JCs seemed like a winner -- but I wanted to try them on for myself.

I waited to purchase these in person so I could be sure about the size and comfort level, and that was a really good idea. I was in NYC for a week and went to David Z's. I'm a size 8.5 or 9 usually, so tried on the black patent Litas in a 9 and they didn't fit at all. 9.5 did the trick, and they were comfortable and easy to walk in. All the customers in the store were telling me I couldn't leave without these boots!
Me in my JC Litas
The great thing about these is that in my town I haven't seen a single other person wearing them. I wore them while walking around downtown one day and turned lots of heads and got lots of compliments. They were quite comfortable for the whole day -- no pinching or anything. I walked about 5km that day in them and at the end of the day, my feet were tired, but not uncomfortable. A success!

If you've been shying away from these because of the height, give them a try. The hidden platform makes it so that the angle on your foot is very manageable, and the heel is nice and chunky and very stable.

Let me know if you love your Litas!

-Caroline

http://test.skimlinks.com   

4 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS. You are the queen of incredible shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! "Shoes" was after all my first word as a baby :D

      Delete
  2. I love my Litas, although I haven't found them QUITE as comfortable as everyone's said...

    But they DO get comments!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only reason I find them so comfortable is that I went an entire size up. I want to see yours!

      Delete