Friday, June 8, 2012

Me + Tom Ford Autumn/Winter Womenswear Collection: A Love Story

From tomford.com

Most of the people I know consider the summer to be the most wonderful time of the year. Patios, sun tans, strapless maxi dresses - there are many reasons to fall in love with summer. And while the majority of my friends anxiously wait for the cold of winter and the damp of spring to pass, I can hardly wait for the summer to be over. After all: first comes summer, then comes the September Issue and the rest of fall fashion in all its dazzling glory.

[DISCLAIMER: Don't get me wrong - I LOVE my open toed pumps and strappy wedged platform sandals, I just happen to love knee boots and denim and leather (and scarves and gloves and cashmere!) so much MORE.]

In an attempt to cure my sunny summer blues, I decided to do what most girls these days do to help them feel better - curate a new Pinterest board. My '2012 Back to School Wishlist' board (which can be found here) would become the latest object of my affection. And while I perused the 'net for fall/winter 2012 trends, I made my usual stop at tomford.com. What appeared before me was just the  fix of fabulous I needed. The Tom Ford Autumn/Winter 2012 Womenswear Collection is spectacular. Seriously, my jaw was on the floor.

I must have watched the collection video 10 or 12 times now, loving each viewing more than the last. And really, what's not to absolutely ADORE in the video? Python printed boots, lush fur collars, waist cinching trench coats and pointy stilettos are now on my 'to somehow afford, purchase and then wear in suburban Canada' list. And how about the makeup?? Bold brows, bronze-y lids and cheeks, paired with nude lips. Ay caramba!

 Sign. Me. Up.


No comments:

Post a Comment